Friday, November 13, 2009

FUBAR MCL GPK INTERVIEW

What do you write?

Fubar Uno

-

What crews do you rep?

i was on the solo tip for a minute but i recently got put down with MCL & those Garbage Pail Kids.

-

2864413260_84469cd8aa_o

How did you come up with your name??

I've always been into history, specifically WW2 for some reason...I first heard the name through Saving Private Ryan, which was one of my favorite flicks at the time. I was feeling the letters & once I looked up the meaning I had to have it.

-

Does Fubar stand for anything?

It's an acronym for Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition or repair. an old WW2 slang term.

-

How long have you been writing??

I've been tagging for about 7 years, painting probably 6 of those consistantley.

-

How did you get into graff??

I've always been into drawing things, then I started sketching letters..i didn't really have older dudes around me tagging or anything like that, it just happened I guess.

-

Is your style influenced by anybody or anything??

I'm influenced by a bunch of things in life. there's obviously alot of rad graffiti out there but I take all things into consideration,whether it's the shape of some building or the color of some tree, I'm always trying to think of new ideas.

-

Do you consider yourself mainly a bomber??

I definately wouldn't consider myself a piecer, the majority of the time I'm either tagging or doing throws, so I guess so if you wanna use that label.

-

What do you think about freights??

I fucking love them, they go all over..completely different element.

-

Who are your Favorite writers??

Oh man I hate this question, il just give you 3 that stand out to me..veks, sibl, and of course jurne is fucking shit up.

-

3407409131_8f548b9ce6_o

I've seen you up quite a bit in the bay...what are your thoughts on bay area graffiti??

I think it's sick, there's tons of spots, styles are fresh (in general), and the dudes that have been doing it for 10-15+ years always show you how it's done properly.

-

Who do you see up most in the bay??

no comment, people out there know who kill it.

-

What are you bumping in your Ipod??

All I own is a shuffle, but there's probably anything from the beatles to Guilty Simpson on there, I can listen to just about anything.

-

Any other hobbies besides graff??

drinking more than most.

-

Any advice for younger writers coming up or just starting out??

Quit while you still can..its not that cool.

-

Any shot outs??

All my dudes you know who you are, yeee!

3425082192_cefe2ab685_b

3875666418_82ae4d1238_o

3629122551_67a9ffbfcb_o

3596492363_4d87d6c7fe_o

No comments:

Post a Comment